Home

Friday, June 8, 2007

Good things come in small and big packages...

Look what I found in my letterbox today. A special parcel from the fabulous Miss Marzie, my apron swap partner. It is actually a whole week early which I find incredibly impressive as I always need all the time I can get to complete anything.



And look at what was inside......... a funky, gorgeous chocolate lollipop and denim apron that I absolutely adore.



The photo isn't fabulous as I had to take it myself. You can't really see all the amazing detail - can you see the little sweets on the bottom left - how utterly adorable. Cathy also included some lovely extras for my girls which I couldn't photograph in time for tonight but will post tomorrow.

I really enjoy the swap process. I have made some wonderful friends by joining in on swaps and it is so incredible to see what each person puts together right down to the packaging. You all come up with such brilliant things and it's so nice to actually own a lovely piece of work created by someone you have admired and only seen on screen or maybe just by someone you don't even know. It also gets the creative juices flowing and I love the challenge of creating something for someone you only know a little bit about. Then we get to see them grouped together and it's such a great reflection of both the amazing similarities and special uniqueness of our ideas, tastes and individual talents.

It is also extra special that Cathy is a local blogger from Melbourne and you never know, maybe one day we can get together face to face! Here's hoping she enjoys my apron as much as I will hers!

We had another delivery for the first time this week.



A few weeks ago a lovely young man knocked on the front door and told me he was the new milkman. A company called Aussie Farmers has a new franchise in our area and they not only deliver milk but also other dairy products, eggs, bread, juices and even fruit and vegetables. I just had to give it a go as the prices were so competitive, it supports local producers and it was free delivery. I have to say the idea of not having to drag the girls out to buy more milk also appealed enormously.

And look what was inside that big box...



It is so fresh and plentiful (that is a double layer) and really good value for $35. In fact we think it is too much and have decided to try the smaller box for $25 and see how much turns up. Check them out, I think they're great.

So this weekend we have dinner guests - and what perfect timing. Lots of lovely fresh food to cook and me looking resplendent in my new, gorgeous apron!

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh. My. Gosh! You. Lucky. Girl!!! How on earth did you get so lucky to get Miss Marzie as your partner? She did a fabulous job! What a topic of conversation for your dinner party!

Ali said...

Miss Marzie's apron is fantastic. Hope your dinner is too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise
so glad you liked your apron. I love it too. I had so much fun making it for you. You did give me a hint when you told me that you loved 'chocolate lollipop' range. It looks really nice on you too - exactly how I thought it would look. Glad the girls loved the extras . I totally agree with you about the experience of a swap - making friends that have a very similar interest is great. Coffee?

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great aprom and it looks fabulous!!!!!

Ragged Roses said...

Hello, just popped over for a visit. Your blog looks lovely! Love that apron! those vegetables look gorgeous and very healthy - they've inspired me to go down to the market today to get some! Have a good weekend.
Kim

Melody said...

How lucky are you? Great idea. And all those fruit and vegies look good!!!

a friend to knit with said...

Wow....What a beautiful apron!
And how lucky that you can have the fresh produce and dairy delivered!!!! I wish, I wish, I wish!!!

nikkishell said...

We have a delivery from Aussie Farmers too, only milk and eggs though, i have my veg delivered from my local F&V shop becasue i can pick what i want each week.