Home

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Paying it Forward!

I can finally tell you who my little green quilt was for. A couple of weeks ago I had an email chat with Margaret the fantastic organiser of the Four Seasons Swap. I explained that I was very disappointed that I never received any thanks for the Autumn tree quilt I made and wasn't sure whether to sign up for the Winter swap. She then told me that the woman that received my quilt didn't send her partner Beth one. After reading her blog Modern Jax, it appeared that it was the second swap this unlucky girl had signed on for and both times she had received nothing.

So I HAD to make her a quilt - it made me feel good to make it and send it and made me feel better about my little tree quilt disappearing into nowhere! Go on over and visit Beth and say hi, she also has a very cute felt ornament tutorial to try.

I recently had the very good fortune to 'win' a Pay It Forward treat from Cathy at Pink Green. And I now get to offer the same to three of my lovely readers. So....

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

On the crafting front I am still working on lots of little bits and pieces for Christmas. Some of them I will be able to show you and some probably not as the recipients read this blog and I would rather surprise them.

So instead I will show you my ornament swap prototype which will definitely be changing.

Ornament Swap

I like her but want to make a couple of changes. She's a little too big and I'm not sure about the black and white.

Ornament Swap

We've started our Advent stockings, have put the tree up and this year we even have some lights on the house! I still don't feel remotely organised for Christmas and I also have Daphne's 2nd Birthday party on the 15th but thanks to my lovely Mum I have a fairly childfree day on Thursday to get some stuff done. I'm even getting a haircut which will be the first for some time.

Enjoy your week!

15 comments:

fi said...

wow! i'm first count me in, your little black and white lady is very sweet!louise, i would'nt change a thing!

Beth said...

Thanks again, Louise, I've had so many compliments on your beautiful little quilt!

The black and white looks great on the ornament! And I love her little face!

Ginger said...

Louise, i can't remember how I found your blog, but I am a long-time lurker!

I just wanted to say how much I love the little quilt you made for Beth.. so perfect! What a wonderful gesture... I can't believe she got stood-up twice!!!

Love the ornament, by the way, reminds me of a russian nesting doll. The black and white looks great!

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! I knew you'd have three people signing up right away! Who wouldn't want a PIF from the fabulous LuLuLollyLegs???? Boy, I sure would! I'm just finishing up my PIFs and hoping to get them in the mail this week! LOVE your little doll ornament -- she's adorable!

~liz said...

oh now - i'm two too late. :) but it's amazing how giving you are - i can't believe you never had a thank you for that incredible autumn tree quilt - it's gorgeous!!!
i'm new to your blog...loving what i read!
~liz

Amy said...

Louise, You are truly a wonderful lady ! You took your disappointment in not being thanked for your lovely autumn quilt and turned it into a positively sweet and loving experience for Beth, knowing exactly what it felt like for her to be left out. In the end it has healed you as well. I also just love how the green quilt matches Beth's green chairs..I have similar ones.

Your ornament is so adorable, I love the bead on the bottom. Great work..don't change a thing..

BTW, I tagged you on my blog, for 7 weird or random things. You may have already had this one, so please don't feel obligated. I had a good time with it...

Jeanne said...

Louise, I think it's great how you turned a disppointing experience into one that brought smiles and happiness to both you and the recipient of your green quilt. Good work!

Ali said...

I am so heartbroken to hear you had no response for your Autumn quilt - it was so lovely.

I'd be a seething mass of resentment, but you are such a good person to think of the other disappointed party.

I think your Karma rating must be through the roof by now.

pinkgreen said...

What a kind thing to do (and how mean of the recipient of the first quilt). I love the ornament just as she is - gorgeous. I have been giving my pay it forward pressies alot of thought, but have yet to put it into action. Btw, I don't think I have your address tp post it to. My email address should be on my details - if not please let me know.
Cathy XX

Jo said...

I love your Babushka lady. She is very sweet.
Next year I am going to make a TV show called "When Craft Swaps Go Bad". Seems there will be lots of material out there for me to work with!

Abby said...

wow... u have been busy... goodluck with kid free thursday....
wnjoy ur time off... you deserve it.luv Abby

Jade said...

You're so nice, Louise! The little green quilt is truly beautiful. And yes, I've had a few bad experiences with swaps gone wrong, but well, they happened and we move on. The little ornament is very pretty, too. Good luck with your child-free day! Hope you get lots done!

Di said...

I just sent my first pay-it-forward gift to Norway! 2 to go!! It is such a nice idea!

a friend to knit with said...

how SWEET of you to send a quilt to beth! yep, that was the read that i got from you EVEN before i knew you would do something like that!!! she is one lucky girl!

love the ornament. i really wouldn't change a thing.

Jodie said...

HIya louise, you kind and generous soul. It is worrying not to be thanked but to miss out all togehter must have been awful for Beth. I hope lots of good crafting karma comes your way really soon , you deserve it.